Spam is the word very often heard over our semi-virtual world. Whether you like it or not it is a big “annoying” issue within social media. Spam is an ongoing problem resulting into huge threats via the internet… now spreading itself onto your social media sites. Spam can be easily defined as simply sending or sharing unsolicited information to a group. The word itself always signifies a negative or hazardous stigma. Sometimes, it happens quite unintentionally… for few people–but none the less it is an ongoing issue.
Social media marketing spam CAN be controlled through the following steps:
1. Never send your social network updates without reading each and every one of them properly.
2. Always forward valuable content to your group and followers that is your “own” or someone who is worth mentioning.
3. Keep away from spammers or people who look like spammers & avoid adding them to your group. This is the best way to keep away from spam content successfully.
4. While on your social networks “remember” this is it the hanging grounds for these type of people… just waiting for opportunities to spam. Make sure your doing proper research before adding them to lists or clicking their links.
5. If you’re into a social media marketing campaign, then it is essential to be genuine with good quality content for your group and followers.
6. The attention gained through the spam content is purely temporary and down the line will result into ignorance and blocking from others.
7. Be a social animal at this place rather than being a dangerous animal with spam content.
8. Social media marketing is almost like flyers spreading activity to others that are in the various social networking sites. It is totally up to you to decide whether to accept or decline. You can block and ignore the content that is found to be spam or not interesting.
9. It is true that most of the spam content is always a big eye catcher. Now, it is your responsibility not to get attracted towards such content.
10. Always look for the good people in your group and avoid adding spammers and business marketing people to avoid this spamming act successfully.
The biggest question about the spam is its endurance. It was there since long and still surviving today. It is clearly an indication that spam has been almost a part of social media and marketing from day one. It seems so intertwined in a way hard to separate it. The best way to keep away from it… is always an individual’s responsibility.